Thursday, June 23, 2011

Two Weeks without Laundry: Day 5



I really don't have a lot to say today. It has been a catch-up-on-life day, in which I have been a tad lazy. I discovered Alexander McQueen archives online, and if I'm not careful, I will be even less productive. I didn't like his 2002 line, but a his (design house; he is dead ) new stuff is gorgeous. Kate Middleton wears a lot of his stuff. I love the Asian touches that he does and how sculptured everything is. The clothes border on being ugly, but the fact that they approach the line between beautiful and ugly, but don't cross into ugly only makes them more beautiful, if that makes any sense. There is beauty in risk. At some point, I will try to imitate Alexander McQueen's designs with my own wardrobe.

Where it Came from
Skirt: Check Me First, via consignment
Halter Top: Banana Republic, thrifted (duh)
Bolero Jacket: Doll House, via TJMaxx
Cupid Cameo: gift from Grandmother
Pearls: Consignment Shop

2 comments: