Friday, June 24, 2011

Two Weeks without Laundry: Day 6

Happy Friday, everyone!

I would like to say, that this will be a weekend full of parties and social activities, but alas, I will probably be trying to pull together some kind of research proposal on John Milton, since my topic is due Monday. I also want to get some of my work that is due after fourth of July weekend due before then, since I want to have some fun on a long weekend. My room is also unsanitary right now (Mom, don't worry) so I'll try to take care of that too. Fortunately, I have a supply of Italian espresso that I opened earlier this week. I opened it and it smelled so earthy and sweet, and it tasted just as good. I like caffeine. There is this saying, "Behind every successful woman, there is a substantial amount of coffee." If I didn't know so many Mormons, I would agree wholeheartedly. Let's just say, that for this woman, coffee is a food group.



I feel like a Middle Eastern art student in this outfit, but in reality, I am an undergrad pushing through John Milton, in Dog Patch, USA. Oh well. My prof today said that the Vatican library does not have enough people to catalog all the awesome stuff they have. Maybe I will offer myself as an intern. Here will be my cover letter:

Dear Vatican,

I am Catholic.
I like books.
I believe in the Ten Commandments, so I won't steal your books.
I live in the middle of nowhere, where the nearest Catholic church with a regular Mass is twenty minutes away and the nearest library is about the same, if not farther (Help!).
I can read.
You do not have enough people to process your amazing collection.
Please hire me, so the Vatican Library can process its collections faster, and we can show that the Church is not an intellectual vacuum.

Sincerely,

I honestly doubt that is convincing, but whatever. It's like a dream internship. That, or the Costume Institute at the Met. The right clothing can make a mundane life seem much more fabulous.

Where it Came from:
Skirt: No idea
Black Cap Sleeve Top: I <3 Ronson, via trash/donation pile during move-out
Pearl/Metal Necklace: Claire's
Pin: Grandmother
Shoes (not pictured): Betula by Birkenstock

1 comment: