Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back, with a New Outfit

No, John Milton did not eat my blog.
1. He is dead.
2. He was uber into being temperate, and this blog is not nutritious enough.
But I must say, my professor pointed out in class that John Milton talks a lot about clothing in his poetry. It's like symbolic and stuff (note: the preceding valley girl literary analysis was only in jest). He wrote two partner poems, L'Allegro and Il Penseroso that debate two lifestyles: mirth or melancholy. I plan to do posts with an L'Allegro outfit and an Il Penseroso outfit, along with textual support. :D

Anyway, onto the outfit! I'll be honest, when I woke up this morning, I thought, "I have a lot of work to do. I need something I don't need to iron, " and I chose accordingly. Still, I think it came out well.

You will probably see this black maxi skirt here a lot. It also doubles as a dress. As for the headband, my mother gave me a basket of royal wedding favors which included a collection of fascinator-like hats, so there you go. The shoes have the benefit of being cute without also acting as an instrument of torture. The top is also a wardrobe staple for me, and can be worn on its own or as a jacket.

Where it Came from:
Black Maxi Skirt: Rue 21
Top: Pretty Good, via consignment
Shoes: Bandalino, via TJMaxx
Necklace: Claire's
Headband: Gift

I also have this idea of wearing a different outfit every day for two weeks, shrugs, camisoles, accessories and shoes excepted, only because these are basic and I don't have enough of them to last for two weeks. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment