Thursday, June 23, 2011

Two Weeks Without Laundry: Day 4--Experiment!

Today was an experiment in ironic juxtaposition (to borrow from my day job). I tried mixing earthy, grunge stuff, like my sandals and denim oxford, with girly stuff like the black skirt and the fascinator. Honestly, I think the look needs some work, but here you go!

I promised you would see the black maxi-skirt a lot. I'm already thinking of cool winter things to do with it, though it' s not even going to begin to be cold here for another four months and it's probably another six months until boot weather.

Here's a close-up of the scarf I wore. I love this scarf because for some reason, I think it exudes a sophisticated, timelessly stylish European woman vibe. It looks good as a headscarf, worn with an LBD.


You may have guessed that I have a thing for comfortable shoes. If you walked several miles a day, you would too. These are pretty cute, though, I think. I got caught in the rain in them once and they slipped off my feet, which was pretty lame, but I like them.

Where it Came from:
Maxi Skirt: Rue 21
Denim Oxford: Merona, via Dirt Cheap
Flower Scarf: Mom
Feather Fascinator: gift
Sandals: Betula by Birkenstock
Beaded Belt: Lakeshore Drive, via TJMaxx

No comments:

Post a Comment