Monday, June 20, 2011

Two Weeks Without Laundry: Day Two


I took my pics in the library today because my camera died this morning before I could finish taking all the pictures. To be honest, I felt like an idiot walking around the library with a camera and worried that I would run into a professor, even though any person with a life is out living it at 9:30 on a Monday night (just a pinch of sarcasm there) , not running around the library taking blog pictures. Do any of you have lives? What is it like to have a life?

Someday, when I have a life, I would love to be a prof at some hip school, like The New School or NYU, with a hip apartment, amazing clothes, lots of books, two cats with cool names, and a commercial-grade espresso machine. I would invite my students over and we can drink lattes, listen to bands no one has ever heard of, and have hipster conversations, though I doubt Milton was a hipster. I don't even think I'm a hipster. "What is a hipster?" is probably the greatest philosophical and sociological question of all time, but I won't try to answer it here(I'm saving it for my dissertation for when I get a Ph.D. in philosophy, jk, jk). I will stick with what I'm reasonably good at, and that is clothes.

As I mentioned yesterday, I went vintage shopping and scored some cool stuff. The fuschia belt (top right) is one of those things. I also got an orange charmeuse, which I wore with the belt. Normally, I don't do colors like that. I tend to really like black and I periodically have to stop myself from buying any more black clothing. The shoes (bottom right) are cute, but are tools of the devil if worn for any length of time. I traipse around my college campus all day, and now I have a small almost-blister on the bottom of my foot to prove it. That should be interesting in heels tomorrow. I got the scarf (middle right) from my mom, as well as the scarab bracelet (bottom left). My mom must have been a hip teenager.

Though I didn't really need it, I decided to carry the bag (top left) today anyway. I got it in London at the Camden markets. It's my fairy bag, since it reminds me of a withered fairy wing, though that would be gross. It's cool that Camden and Knightsbridge are on the same Tube line, though I could never afford anything at Harrod's and most of the stores on the same street are also out of my budget. I miss London. Their major shopping sales will start soon and there were good deals last year.

Here is a picture of the entire outfit. :)

Where it Came from
Shoes: Steve Madden via Hudson's
Charmeuse: Vio, vintage, unsure of time period
Belt: Vintage, ditto
Fairy Bag: Camden Market
Scarf and Scarab Bracelet: Mom
Skirt: East 5th, via consignment

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Is that Fairy Bag felted? If so, you could probably make one. EC

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed felted. I may have to try to make one at some point.

    ReplyDelete